I've officially signed on the dotted line.
Went for a pre-employment medical check-up.
Awaiting its results so that I can start work soon.
Revising my clinicals to prepare myself for work.
Have sufficient work clothes to last me for at least 3 weeks without needing to re-wear them.
Sufficient funds to last me until my first pay day (or so I think, excluding purchasing birthday prezzies).
Why then do I suffer from some form of panic/jittery attack? Its only starting work as Mum will put it. But, I can't help but feel some form of panic. There are heaps of "what ifs" clouding my mind. Blame it on my lack of confidence - somewhat dented during clinical placement. However, looking back, doing clinical placement in Singapore helped me to be more prepared for the local work setting. Now, I conduct my own hawker trails as I visit foodcourts, hawker centres and other eating outlets, thinking of how to make this food dish healthier or who's suitable to eat.
Convincing myself that I'm all ready for the work force? I reckon, no one will ever be ready for the workforce! You just start working, adapting and learning the skills of the trade. One thing for sure, it will be a steep learning curve for me, at least for the first 6 months.
Monday, January 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment